Do you own a lovely mountain chalet, beach house, or cottage in the countryside that you just occasionally visit? If your answer is Yes, gladly you have a bit of great luck in business for that!
This guide on How to start a vacation rental website in 2022/23 will teach you how to build a superb website quickly and the benefits of running your vacation rental website. And for that, you do not have to be a pro web designer or programmer.
A vacation rental website is a great method to earn a ton of money, which is good business. Every legal business needs a website to cope with today’s technological world. You can promote your properties online, create your online authority, and increase brand recognition. As a vacation rental owner, selling, marketing, and managing your property altogether isn’t so simple work.
Why do you need a vacation rental website?
By building a vacation rental website of your own, you become less dependent on booking sites like Airbnb and Vrbo. It is very handy to have your vacation rental website or homepage via which you can attract new customers by increasing internet visibility. Even if creating a website requires a little more work, it’s still one of the most acceptable ways to promote your marketing.
Here are the reasons why you need a vacation rental website:
- You establish credibility online. Whether you own one enormous house with numerous rooms or a couple of rooms in various houses, the more vacation rental places you have, the more vacation rental gains credibility. Not to add, clever travelers frequently start their search for a property on an online travel agency (OTA) site before moving on to try to find the property online at a lower price.
- You can accept direct bookings. Did you know that 65% of customers would rather make a direct booking with the service provider than through an OTA? With your website, you not only attract more customers but also avoid having to split the profits with anyone.
- You create your brand. You can be unique in the competition by creating your website for your business. With your logo, images, tone of voice, and other elements, you’ll enjoy a powerful branding experience. You’ll be able to make a recognized online presence that people trust when you’re ready to grow. A win-win situation!
- Booking fees can be avoided. The cost increases rapidly when you include all the various fees you must pay for promoting on so many booking platforms. Since you won’t be paying extra fees each time someone books your vacation rental house, you’ll be more profitable overall.
- A vacation rental website is a good investment. Nowadays vacation rental business is popular among people who rent houses for a short time. The main factor that affects this business is ‘location’. Why? The occupancy level, demand, competition, and rate are the main factors that determine profit; therefore, the more desirable the area, the more likely it is that the vacation rental will be lucrative. So, for those who wish to begin investing in real estate, starting a vacation rental website is a wise choice.
How to create and run a vacation rental website?
Let’s get right down to business now. In this manual, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide that will hold your hand and lead you through each stage separately until you have your very own vacation rental website.
With just 5 simple steps, you can get your website launched and run it smartly—-
1. Select a host or builder:
The first step is choosing a proper host or builder. Important thing is to choose a feasible way that fits your short or long-term business goals. A drag-and-drop builder is an easiest and fastest approach to launching a website.
There are a ton of options available, including premium options like GoDaddy and Bluehost as well as free options like Weebly and Wix. Pick one that fits inside your comfort zone since each one offers varying degrees of personalization. Vacation rental properties are the focus of businesses like eZee or Lodgify.
2. Pick your property domain name:
While picking a domain name for your vacation rental website, make sure that the name is memorable and it conveys the essence of your vacation rental. It should be simple to spell and not too long that a potential customer would struggle to type it in. Look up a few names you like; if your first option is already taken, you might need to think outside the box.
3. Create a remarkable logo:
Creating a unique logo that represents your brand makes your company easier to recognize. If you don’t already have a logo, you can hire a freelancer or a graphic designer you know or you may design the logo yourself. You may even organize a competition where participants submit their finest logo creations. You can start setting up your website once you have established your visual identity package and domain.
4. Create a user-friendly design and use high-quality images:
Depending on the hosting service you use, this may seem as simple as dragging and dropping the desired website page contents. Get ready to invest some time in creating educational, designed, and informative content that will answer potential customers’ queries before they ask them. The homepage layout should have a simple and thorough overview of your vacation rental features. Potential visitors should view not only the costs but also the amenities and equipment. Also, you must ensure that there are options available for direct bookings, this way you may avoid a marketing platform fee.
The main strategy for filling up your vacation rental is photo marketing. Include breathtaking, top-notch, panoramic images that were, ideally, captured by professionals. Ensure that your photographs are optimized for both mobile devices and your website.
5. Optimize your content and start marketing:
The whole plan for your vacation rental website is to boost online bookings, so you have to keep a simple interface. Include a contact form so people may contact you, and provide FAQ and About pages to answer common inquiries. List your properties on a variety of sites like– Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb. To rank higher in search results, follow the recommended practices for Airbnb SEO. Keep your calendars organized while listing on multiple sites to prevent repeated bookings.
Mistakes to avoid while starting a vacation rental website
Your internet presence may suffer and make guests suffer from design errors on a website. What is the most common design error made, while creating a vacation rental website? — Displaying a website that isn’t intended to be a vacation rental website! Paying a little extra for design templates and features that will set you apart from the competition is always a good idea. Let’s go through some simple mistakes you don’t want to do while setting up your vacation rental website—
- Not including an ‘About us page to re-direct.
- Creating a website with poor or unprofessional use of color and contrast; a graphic designer can be of help here.
- Posting poor and low-quality images that have not been mobile- or website-optimized; visitors will lose trust and interest.
- Not providing information about your location and region; also the absence of contact details or ‘booking now’ options.
- Failing to ensure that you provide a secured e-payment process.
- Not having Google my business facilities, as a result, people cannot locate you on Google Maps easily.
If you already feel overwhelmed, you are not alone; all the vacation rental owners feel the same at first, As you can see, starting a vacation rental website is rather similar to starting just about any other kind of online business. Not easy, but not that much difficult to understand or proceed through the steps.
Many obligations come with starting your own business. But with a little work and patience, you can start a polished website that enhances your customers’ rental experience from the very first click. Eventually, you’ll probably discover that the payoff is well worth the work.