Nowadays, Customer relationship management (CRM) tools are capable of much more than just managing contacts and serving as a virtual Rolodex. By monitoring customers, from nurturing leads to closing the deal and preserving client loyalty, CRM software can also help you increase sales. Through automation of the sales force, you can also save a ton of time and money.
It can be difficult to work with clients. Your customer relations team may feel like they are carrying the weight of the world when it comes to keeping up with contacts, correctly diagnosing issues, assuring satisfaction, and creating pleasant interactions. Much of the effort for business and sales activities can be carried out by CRM software. In this article, we put together a list of Customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities to assist you in getting started. The only reason for writing this article is, that using a platform with the greatest CRM features is a crucial component of that approach.
1. Contact management
You may have to search business contact details including names, addresses, and social media profiles in your database.
Key points to remember Although contact management capabilities are a feature offered by any CRM software, you should look for a layout and usability that appeal to you. What layout do the fields have? Does it feel user-friendly and logically structured?
According to CMSWire, real-time data took over as the primary motivator for CRM systems in 2017. As I elaborated in the article, CRM software can pull important data from applications, devices, and even appliances.
These are just a handful of the benefits of pulling real-time data:
- It helps you make better-informed marketing judgments about the bidding price and placement of internet advertising.
- You receive a quick snapshot of market demand, allowing you to adjust your marketing strategy to produce better results.
- You can determine which of your goods and services bring in the most money and which ones would benefit from more exposure.
No two organizations are the same, therefore the best CRM software can cater to your business’s unique demands. Some CRMs let you pick the features you want to include in your package, and some also let you customize the most fundamental features, like the capacity to create distinctive reports, add contact fields, and choose the data that displays on your dashboard. Additionally, you can install plugins, extensions, and other add-ons to your software to increase its functionality.
Many CRM software companies offer more sophisticated alternatives via APIs if you require even more customization to personalize the product to your business. This allows programmers access to all technical specifications and coding for complete software customization.
3. Automation of Workflow
CRM software helps streamline your processes and improve your standard of living. Look for software that incorporates sales force automation and lets you develop custom rules to increase productivity for both you and your team. You may configure your CRM application to automatically carry out particular activities based on triggering or events by utilizing rules, such as these:
When a potential customer completes a contact form on your website, the CRM software instantly sends a message to the right sales professional or department. The CRM software automatically sends a pre-written response to acknowledge messages when a sales representative receives them.
After a predetermined period, such as two or multiple business days, if a lead, opportunity, or prospect doesn’t reply to your conversation or offer, the CRM system automatically sends a follow-up message.
The CRM program automatically tracks hours and keeps track of all the communications when a sales professional calls or texts a contact. As sales representatives complete tasks, the CRM software automatically reports them to supervisors and upper management for performance reports.
Workflow automation capabilities can also take the time and legwork out of repetitive sales duties, such as order processing, order tracking, and inventory control.
4. Customer service
By offering top-notch customer service, CRM software may assist you in attracting and keeping consumers. To ensure that your sales representatives and customer support team can deliver their best work, look for the following capabilities:
- It provides you with a 360-degree perspective of your customers that includes every detail about them starting with your initial point of contact.
- Automatically keeps track of all communication points, from lead generation to finalized deals and past sales
- Record any occurrences, internet visits, purchase histories, and other activities to serve as a record for future use and to keep all representatives informed.
- Provides the consumers’ first names in all communications.
- Has unique reference numbers for every client, account, and support issue.
- Sends automated responses to consumer questions and messages so they don’t feel unheard.
- Assists with predefined email templates and call scripts that address the most typical inquiries
By integrating third-party tools like the Desk.com support platform, Survey Monkey feedback forms, and the Ring Central corporate phone system, certain CRM platforms may make this even simpler.
5. Social media
Using a Customer relationship management (CRM) that has social media monitoring capabilities can save your marketing team time because they won’t have to switch systems to complete this important task. You can complete these social media works using the tools provided by Salesforce, for instance:
- Learn how many engagements, such as mentions, comments, shares, and any other impression your brand receives, and use social listening to remain up to date on what customers are thinking about your business.
- To adjust your social media approach, check every social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Discover more about your customers.
- Identify your brand and use it.
- Take care of the daily responsibilities involved in updating your social media profiles.
6. Sales forecasting
In Customer relationship management (CRM), using historical and current data/trends, the forecast predicted income or sales statistics.
Key points to remember: Want to be able to predict forthcoming quarters and even new areas using your current data? By utilizing forecasting functionality, you can use your data to your advantage and make objective, knowledgeable decisions regarding the direction of your business. Based on data from your current funnel or pipeline a CRM with this feature anticipates your future sales. Your marketing plan might need to adjust in light of the sales prediction. For instance, if you thought your toy company would sell a lot of girls’ dolls over the holiday season but found by sales forecasting that building basic components are more popular, you can adjust your campaigns. To reduce your company’s risks, sales forecasting can also predict changes in the market.
7. Email Marketing
Keeping track of emails with a conventional inbox can become frustrating and confusing. According to Lifewire, the typical office worker receives 121 emails as of 2015. To enhance the likelihood of making sales, receiving and responding to every email promptly is critical.
A CRM’s email capability aids in the organization and productivity of your sales representatives. To arrange appointments and interact with prospects and customers appropriately, they can integrate their calendars. The capability to automatically pull in email templates saves reps time by reducing the need for them to create the unique email content. Several email templates, like these, can be made using this feature:
- Industry-specific summaries of the company’s fundamental information
- after a phone conversation, follow up
- After sending one email, follow up
- Follow-up on a suggestion that representatives are waiting for clients to get back
8. Mobile CRM
On smartphones, tablets, and other internet-enabled devices, mobile CRM (Customer Relationship Management) offers a complete CRM experience. It makes it possible for teams in charge of sales, marketing, and customer care to manage and access crucial data in real-time from any location.
People increasingly anticipate having access to real-time information wherever they are thanks to the widespread migration of internet users from desktop to mobile devices. In reality, the percentage of mobile traffic on the internet increased from 0.7% in 2009 to 52.99% in 2017, and those percentages are still rising.
A CRM must be able to keep up with this expansion. Users of a mobile CRM can access crucial business information wherever they are. They can essentially conduct their business on the fly thanks to it.
On the other hand, We can also do many kinds of stuff like :
- Customers gain from your company’s availability of mobile CRM in addition to the obvious advantages of giving staff greater freedom in their working environment.
- Your customers will always receive the best service possible thanks to mobile CRM software. Since employees have access to current information and real-time updates, they are fully prepared to give customers the accurate information they require quickly.
- Mobile CRM allows users to manage calendars, analyze data, create reports, and organize crucial papers all in one safe area, even if they are not dealing directly with clients.
CRM software can be a helpful tool for companies of all kinds, but it’s crucial to choose a platform that is productive and can grow with your organization. Before making a purchase, be sure the CRM software has these 12 characteristics.
Every company is unique! When searching for the best CRM software only for your beloved business, consider your particular sales team and sales process. Also, don’t forget to consider how the program will work with any email marketing, marketing automation, and social media marketing tools you already have.